Getting to know the third major telco player in the PH: Top 5 things you should know about DITO1 May 2021
DITO Telecommunity answers questions every consumer may have on next-gen technology, phone compatibility, coverage areas and more!
Last May 17, DITO Telecommunity officially launched its services in NCR. DITO is now available In 100 cities and over 3,000 stores nationwide, including 16 cities and 1 municipality in Metro Manila. For its initial entry in NCR, DITO offers 25GB of high-speed data for 30 days along with free unlimited texts to all networks, unlimited DITO-to-DITO calls, and free 300 minutes of calls to other mobile networks for only Php 199.
From May 17 to June 30, everyone can avail of DITO's welcome offer in various online and offline channels, such as DITO Experience Stores, device retail partners, DITO online store, Shopee and Lazada.
Before rushing to get your DITO sim card, here are some things you should know about the network’s products and services:
- Next-gen technology explained. We always hear the phrase “next-generation technology” but what does it really mean for everyday internet users? The use of next-generation technology in telecommunications can be summarized in two words: Breakthrough connectivity. Next gen technology paves the way for clearer, faster, and optimized connections which drive performance that goes beyond mobile devices. At DITO, users are assured that they are subscribing to innovative and reliable data services which are built on world-class digital infrastructures and technology.
- What is VoLTE? Short for Voice over LTE; VoLTE is one of the next-generation mobile technologies available to DITO users. Simply put, VoLTE means that your telco provider lets you make voice calls using the faster and more efficient LTE network instead of the usual 2G and 3G networks. Remember the olden days when your data connection stops every time you receive a phone call? You will experience none of that with VoLTE! Through VoLTE, you can enjoy better quality on your phone calls thanks to its ability to use more bandwidth.
- What does interconnectivity mean? As mandated by Republic Act 7925, interconnection among telco providers is required to provide universal accessibility to Filipinos and to ensure fair and healthy competition. For DITO subscribers, this means that you can also make voice calls and send text messages to other mobile networks!
- Which phones are DITO-ready? As DITO ushers in a new era in telecommunications with next-generation technology, it is important to pair your DITO SIM with a DITO-compatible mobile phone to ensure that you get to experience the best that this next-gen technology has to offer. And you don't have to worry about price! There is a wide variety of phones that will fit any budget, from low-end to mid-range up to high-end that are all DITO-ready! Check out the full list here for more information.
In case your current phone is not yet on the list, you can check back again on this site since DITO is continuously testing different phone brands and models to enable more users to access the high-speed, reliable data that DITO offers.
You may notice that some phones which are not yet on the official list can still get to access the DITO network, but this is only due to the ongoing qualifying and testing. It is still advisable to wait for your specific phone model to be included in the list of compatible phones to ensure a seamless and quality user experience.
- Which areas are DITO-covered? DITO coverage is commercially available in key cities in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao, including Metro Manila. You can check out DITO’s Official Facebook Page here for an updated list of DITO-covered areas. Keep your eyes peeled for exciting announcements in the coming days as DITO will unveil more locations and new products!
Be updated on the latest DITO news and information by checking www.dito.ph or following DITO's official social media pages: